Every year during National Prevention Week (NPW), the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) celebrates communities, organizations, and individuals that are working to promote substance misuse prevention and positive mental health.
During NPW (May 7-13), there are SAMHSA-hosted events. Use these links to find information.
- Monday, May 8 at 1pm ET - “Talk. They Hear You.”® Campaign Relaunch Event
- Wednesday, May 10 at 2pm ET- Communities Talk Prevention Success Stories Webinar
You can also plan and host your own NPW activities and events using these resources:
- Toolkit for Planning Your National Prevention Week Activities and Events - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- National Prevention Week Promotional Materials - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Planning Guide and Resource Calendar for Promoting Prevention Throughout the Year - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Resource Guide for Helping People With Substance Use and Mental Health Challenges - Mental Health First Aid
If you are interested in promoting substance misuse prevention and positive mental health in primary care practices and ambulatory care settings, check out the Academy for Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care’s products and resources, including:
- Topical briefs – that provide practical guidance on timely topics and issues related to integrated behavioral health
- Playbooks – that provide implementation steps for integrating behavioral health and medication-assisted treatment into primary care
For more information on National Prevention Week, see:
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - About National Prevention Week