Two slide decks have been created:
- Slide Deck 1: Why Behavioral Health Integration Is Critical to a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). This deck is appropriate for audiences with limited knowledge about the concept of integrated behavioral health, or for audiences that are already practicing PCMH but need to be convinced of the value of behavioral health integration.
- Slide Deck 2: Where and How Behavioral Health Can Be Integrated into the PCMH. This deck is appropriate for audiences that are already convinced on the need to integrate but want to learn more about the different models of integration.
These decks were prepared by the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) Special Interest Group on Behavioral Health. Several members of that group also serve on the National Integration Academy Council (NIAC) and are involved with the work of the Academy. They include Alexander Blount, Ed.D., Parinda Khatri, Ph.D., Benjamin Miller, Psy.D., and C.J. Peek, Ph.D.
The slides can be customized for presentations about the value of behavioral health integration into primary care and the PCMH. The slides are designed for organizations and practices interested in the following tasks:
- Transforming into a PCMH;
- Already practicing patient-centered care and planning on integrating behavioral health care; and
- Interested in improving their integration models.
These slide decks reference the work of the Academy, including:
- The Academy Portal;
- Lexicon for Behavioral Health and Primary Care Integration; and
- The Academy Integration Map.
You may access the slide decks at: http://www.pcpcc.org/resource/behavioral-health-integration-pcmh