The team is tailored to the needs of particular patients and populations—with a suitable range of expertise and roles.
- Health care professionals with a range of expertise and roles are available and can be tailored into a team to meet the needs of specific patients and populations.
- Conduct an individualized needs assessment for a specific patient and family.
- Develop a unified care plan that builds a team—with necessary members and functions—to care for a given patient.
- Train the care team to function in collaborative practice and respond as a team to an individual patient’s unique needs.
- If desired, select a subpopulation of clinic patients with similar needs, such as geriatric care, children with special needs, or chronic illnesses and make available a range of team expertise generally needed to care for the selected subpopulation.