The AHRQ Academy developed the Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) Tools & Resources Collection to highlight and describe tools and resources available for those who offer or use MAT services, as well as others interested in addressing the opioid crisis in their families, organizations, community, and/or State. Implementation tools and resources were initially identified during an environmental scan. Methodical searches of the published and grey literature were conducted, as well as targeted searches for specific kinds of tools. Although the tools were not all created specifically for rural primary care practices, they are potentially useful in those and other ambulatory care settings.
The MAT Tools and Resources are updated on an ongoing basis as new ones become available. Those added most recently include toolkits, instruments and protocols, web-based courses, webinars/videos, guides, and reports. Among the topics included are screening for substance use disorders/opioid use disorder, clinical guidelines, adolescents, pregnant/post-partum women and their infants, program policies and procedures, and COVID-19. The following tools and resources were among the additions.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - FAQs: Provision of Methadone and Buprenorphine for the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder in the COVID-19 Emergency.(PDF - 202 KB)
- Provider Bridge - ProviderBridge.org telehealth resources.
- The Commonwealth Fund - Launching a Toolkit for Safety-Net Clinics Implementing Telemedicine During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention - Mental Health & Suicide Prevention National Response to COVID-19.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement and Well Being Trust - A Guide for Health Systems to Save Lives from “Deaths of Despair” and Improve Community Well-Being.(PDF - 4.5 MB)