On May 14, 2018, the Healthcare Leadership Council’s National Dialogue for Healthcare Innovation held an Opioid Crisis Solutions Summit to gather experts and brainstorm holistic yet practical strategies to address the opioid epidemic. Based on the recommendations of meeting participants, A Roadmap For Action was developed. Key priority areas identified include:
- Improve healthcare system approaches to pain management,
- Improve healthcare system approaches to prevent opioid misuse,
- Expand access to evidence-based substance use disorder treatment and behavioral health services,
- Promote improved care coordination through data access and analytics, and
- Develop sustainable payment systems that support coordination and quality care.