- About Us
- Education & Workforce
- Policy & Financing
- Clinical & Community
- Health IT
This Web site is maintained as a public service and functions as both a coordinating center and national resource for people committed to delivering comprehensive, integrated healthcare. We collect no personal information about you when you visit our Web site unless you choose to provide that information to us.
Information Automatically Collected and Stored
When you browse through any Web site, read pages, or download information, certain information about your visit can be collected. We automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about your visit, but this information does not identify you personally:
- The name of the domain you use to access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are using an America Online account, or stanford.edu, if you are connecting from Stanford University's domain).
- The type of browser and operating system you use to access our site.
- The date and time of your visit.
- The pages you visited.
- The address of the Web site you came from, if you were referred from another site.
We use this information for statistics on the traffic to our site, to find out about general user interest in various areas of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
We track the keywords that are entered into our search engine and the browse terms used to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not monitor which terms a particular user enters.
No additional information is collected about your visit, and we do not record information about individual behavior or use of the site.
Web Measurement and Customization
We use web measurement and customization technologies, such as cookies, specifically “Share This” cookies and Google Analytics cookies, to help our website function better for visitors and to better understand how the public is using our website.
The Portal uses “cookies” to test and optimize our website design and content. A cookie is a small text file automatically placed on your computer. We use two types of cookies on our websites:
- We use session cookies to gather data for technical purposes, such as enabling better navigation through our website and generating aggregated statistics about how the website is used. Session cookies are temporary text files that expire when you leave our website. When cookies expire, they are automatically deleted from your computer. We do not use session cookies to collect Personally Identified Information (PII), and we do not share data collected from session cookies. Our use of session cookies is defined as "Tier 1" usage in accordance with the OMB Memorandum (M)-10-22 Guidance for Online Use of Web Measurement and Customization Technologies.
- We use multi-session cookies, a.k.a. persistent cookies, to customize our website for frequent visitors and to test variations of website design and content. Multi-session cookies are cookies that are stored over more than a single session on your computer. We do not use multi-session cookies to collect PII, and we do not share data collected from multi-session cookies. Our multi-session cookies are set to expire two years after your last visit to our website. After two years, they are automatically deleted from your computer. Our use of multi-session cookies is defined as "Tier 2" usage in accordance with the OMB Memorandum (M)-10-22 Guidance for Online Use of Web Measurement and Customization Technologies.
You can take actions to block cookies. Blocking these cookies from your computer will not affect your access to the content and tools on our website. Instructions to opt out are available on USA.gov http://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml.
Personally Provided Information
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our Web site. If you choose to provide us with additional information about yourself through an E-mail message, form, survey, etc., we use that information only to respond to your message or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication. The information provided is handled on a confidential basis within the Agency.
However, E-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your message is sensitive, you may prefer to send it by postal mail instead.
All communications to the Web site mailbox and customer feedback form are archived on a monthly basis, and destroyed on an annual basis.
Third-Party Web Sites
To reach beyond our standard communication channels, the AHRQ Academy Portal maintains accounts on third-party Web sites such as Twitter and Facebook. These sites are not owned or operated by the Government. The privacy policies of these sites may differ from that of the AHRQ Academy Portal. Third-party Web sites may share usage metrics with AHRQ for analysis. We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from those sites. However, if individuals try to use these third-party Web sites are used to communicate with AHRQ, they may be providing nongovernmental third-parties with access to PII.
To contact AHRQ, please use the Ask a Question or Provide Feedback features at: https://info.ahrq.gov.
The AHRQ Academy Portal does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors, unless required by law enforcement or statute.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Such attempts are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Systems of Records
Electronically submitted information is maintained and destroyed according to the principles of the Federal Records Act and regulations and guidance from the National Archives and Records Administration, and in some cases may be subject to the Privacy Act. If information that you submit is to be used in a Privacy Act system of records, there will be a Privacy Act Notice provided.
Links to Other Sites